Re: correct response code to BIND / REBIND when source is not found?

On 5/14/07, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> First of all, I'd say it's not multistatus.
>
> Then, I think the RFC3253 language on pre/post condition handling
> favorizes 409 (conflict) over 403 (forbidden), as after changing the
> state of some resources, the request could succeed.

In that case, what should the response code be if the Request-URI is
not a collection (precondition DAV:bind-into-collection) ?  I'm
currently thinking this response should be 405 Method Not Allowed.  Or
should it maybe be 409 Conflict?

Thanks for the help!

-Tim