Re: REBIND a parent to a child

Chetan Reddy schrieb:
> If the collection identified by Request-URI is not reachable from root
> after the old binding is removed (the old binding MUST be removed for
> the DAV:binding-deleted postcondition to hold) then the DAV:new-binding
> postcondition will not hold as the new binding will not be reachable
> from root. Hence, i think the server MUST fail the request.

The postcondition is (from
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.6>):

"(DAV:new-binding): The collection MUST have a binding that maps the
segment specified in the DAV:segment element in the request body, to the
resource that was identified by the DAV:href element in the request body."

It doesn't say anything about reachability.

So is this just an academic question, or do you expect any interop
problems here? This is just an edge case, I'd say...

Best regards, Julian