WebDAV capabilities in HTML?

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@soe.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:09:00 -0700
To: WebDav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

All,

I am interested in your ideas on what WebDAV capabilities inside HTML
might look like.

A Master's student at UC Santa Cruz is starting to explore this idea.
So far we are able to grab properties from a web resource and insert
them into an HTML page, and there are also facilities for iterating
over all resources in a collection while grabbing properties and
inserting them into the HTML. At present, we have only explored read-
only scenarios.

So, what kinds of scenarios could be supported by DAV-in-HTML, and
what kinds of capabilities would HTML need to support to make this
possible?

Being able to write to properties seems potentially useful, though
it's unclear whether this is better than using native HTML forms and
POSTing data.

- Jim