RE: I-D for WebDAV methods - APPEND and PATCH

From: Alex <alex@ubudesign.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:12:42 -0700
To: "'WebDav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Cc: <suma@soe.ucsc.edu>
Would it be possible to use APPEND similar to pause/resume like in ftp? If
so then maybe a start point of the byte from which it's being appended? Also
how would it work in the context of version control.

Maybe I am not understanding it that well and thinking of it differently but
even as basic append it's a great idea.