I-D for WebDAV methods - APPEND and PATCH

From: <suma@soe.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Hello,

My name is Suma Potluri, a graduate student at UCSC. I am working with Jim
Whitehead to define the WebDAV methods - APPEND and PATCH. We've
submitted an Internet-Draft and would like to solicit your comments on it.

Here is the URL for this I-D:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-suma-append-patch-00.txt

These two methods would be very useful for WebDAV clients for efficiently
transferring partial contents of a file. And since earlier efforts to
define such methods have been unsuccessful, I think it is worth
considering these new methods and hopefully get something useful out of
it.

Thanks,
-Suma