Re: Recognizing a WebDAV enabled client

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 09:52:03 +0200
To: Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com>
CC: Manfred Baedke <manfred.baedke@greenbytes.de>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Michael Wechner schrieb:

>> Are there any specific incompatibility issues you are aware of ?
> no, but I could imagine there will be if there will be more than one
> version of WebDAV and so I think it should
> me mandatory for clients to send the DAV header.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense.

In RFC2518, the DAV header is defined as a response header. Usage as
request header is undefined.

In RFC2518bis, the spec allows other extensions to use the DAV header as
a request header. But even in this case, this is only allowed if the
spec clearly defines what it means for a specific compliance code to be
sent, such as in

Sending it for anything else simply does not make any sense (at this
point of time).

Best regards, Julian