Re: Issue 147 - Depth vs Conditional headers

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that we not say anything about
> "If", but rather that we don't say anything about "If" in that
> sentence, and instead talk about it's interaction with Depth in
> the section in which the "If" header is defined.  That way, the
> fact that "If" is an exception is covered by the clause that says
> "except where alternative behavior is explicity defined".
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

I see.

New proposed change:

Section 9., para. 17:
OLD:

     Any headers on a method that has a defined interaction with the Depth
     header MUST be applied to all resources in the scope of the method
     except where alternative behavior is explicitly defined.  For
     example, an If-Match header will have its value applied against every
     resource in the method's scope and will cause the method to fail if
     the header fails to match.

NEW:

     Any headers on a method that has a defined interaction with the Depth
     header MUST be applied to all resources in the scope of the method
     except where alternative behavior is explicitly defined, and except
     for the If-Dash headers defined in [RFC2616].

Section 9., para. 31:
OLD:

     The No-tag-list production describes a series of state tokens and
     ETags.  If multiple No-tag-list productions are used then one only
     needs to match the state of the resource for the method to be allowed
     to continue.  All untagged tokens apply to the resource identified in
     the Request-URI.

NEW:

     The No-tag-list production describes a series of state tokens and
     ETags.  If multiple No-tag-list productions are used then one only
     needs to match the state of the resource for the method to be allowed
     to continue.  All untagged tokens apply to the resource identified in
     the Request-URI (this includes the case where the If header is
     applied to resources in scope of a Depth: Infinity request).

Appendix E., para. 12:
OLD:

     Support for UTF-16 now required (ref (Section 18)).

NEW:

     The If header and the If-Dash headers (defined in [RFC2616]) have
     been explicitly excluded from the Depth: Infinify rules (see
     Section 9.2).

     Support for UTF-16 now required (ref (Section 18)).