Re: Recognizing a WebDAV enabled client

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:59:10 +0200
Cc: Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Hi,

On Jun 30, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Hi
>> It's not clear to me how a server can recognize a WebDAV enabled
>> client from a GET request and
>
> It can't.

I will run into the same question in the near future, so let me get
this right:

I have implemented an HTTP resource for something collection-like and
like to serve that up as HTML lists or WebDAV collections depending
on the client capabilities. Are you saying I cannot detect if I am
talking to a client that can handles WebDAV collections or not?
That's seems silly.

Jan