Re: Bug 143 (lock refresh), was: WGLC of draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-14.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:53:55 +0200
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: "Cullen \"Fluffy\" Jennings" <fluffy@cisco.com>, WebDav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Lisa,

thanks for following up.

> By the way, I'd fix this bug in a heartbeat if I thought this would get
> us done.  The example is inconsistent, although the precondition is
> correct as is -- the problem is not that the lock token needed to be
> submitted (one was), the problem is that the lock token does not match
> the resource.

I'm not sure what section you're referring to here. If lock refresh uses
  the "If" header to specify the token of the lock to be refreshed,
using a precondition code that refers to the "Lock-Token" request header
simply is misleading.

> But rather than make just this one change to the document,  I'm waiting
> for somebody to help us make progress on other issues or somebody to
> agree that other issues are closed.  Jim, maybe if you're less swamped
> now you can review the state?

Agreement. We need to get the process back on track. If I had the
impression that work would be useful, I'd start to make suggestions for
all open issues mentioned in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html>.

Best regards, Julian