Re: RFC2518bis, was: BIND and live property value consistency

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Finally,
>
> - we go through the issues list until all issues are closed (where
> "closed" can also mean that the WG just states that it was unable to
> come up with a resolution)
>
> Best regards, Julian

One additional thought:

If -- while doing this -- we find that we can't resolve everything or if
we find features that we think need to be kept although no interop was
demonstrated, not going to "Draft" standard and republishing as
"Proposed" should be considered a viable option (compared to giving up).

In practice, few people really understand the different standards
levels; and not updating the spec (with many known and resolved(!)
issues) at all certainly is worse then doing the update, but not
progressing on the standards ladder.

Best regards, Julian