Re: ETags?

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:58:32 -0800
Cc: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

I am still in favour of the language that was there:

>    Consistent with [RFC2518] the value of a dead property MUST be, and
>    the value of a live property SHOULD be, independent of the number of
>    bindings to its host resource or of the path submitted to PROPFIND.

Also, I propose additional language for ETags:

"The value of the 'getetag' property (and thus the value of the ETag
for a resource at that point in time) MAY change when a new binding is
added to a resource. However, the value MUST be the same for that
resource independent of the path submitted to PROPFIND."

Lisa