Re: ETags?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:12:27 +0100
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Elias Sinderson wrote:

> Thanks Roy, that's an excellent point that I hadn't considered. For the
> record, I am no longer opposed to the spec remaining silent on the issue.

Ok, for the record: as Roy has explained to us, the current language is
actively incorrect and harmful, so the first step is to remove it.

I'm open to suggestions about anything else we can do. Note that these
suggestions should be made in the form of actual specification text. If
we can get a consensus about one proposal, I'll be happy to make that
change.

Best regards, Julian