Re: ETags?

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:53:43 -0800
To: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> I agree with Roy's rationale and conclusion, and support the  removal
> of the reference to live properties in section 2.6

So, in effect, the spec will state that dead properties MUST be the same
across all bindings to a given resource, and that (by remaining silent
on the issue) live properties MAY vary depending on server
implementation. I am not oposed to this, however as a guide to client
implementors it might be nice to point out that they can't neccessarily
depend on live properties being the same across all bindings to a resource.

Cheers,
Elias