Re: ETags?

I think the heart of this issue is that the binding
specification states that live properties SHOULD have the
same value no matter what binding is used to access it.
This would imply that the getetag property SHOULD have the
same value no matter what binding is used to it.

If we agree that a resource should have the same getetag
property, no matter what binding is used to access it, then
the specification is correct as currently written, but
I'm OK with making that statement explicitly in the spec,
since that is an etag constraint that is not stated in 2616, and
so there probably are etag implementations that do not satisfy
that constraint and that therefore should not be used with
a binding implementation.

Conversely, if we agree that a resource may have different
getetag property values when it is accessed from different
bindings, then we should modify section 2.6 to say "unless explicitly
stated in the definition of the live property", and then
state that getetag is a property whose value can differ when
accessed from different bindings.

p.s. I did get a bit of a chuckle over the
characterization of the statement about etags
being "buried" in section 3.11 of RFC-2616, since the
the title of section 3.11 is "Entity Tags", and that
section is only 3 paragraphs long.
Come on Roy, how did you expect folks to find that kind
of stuff if you're going to hide it away like that (:-).