Re: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:56:17 +0200
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, Jim Whitehead <ejw@soe.ucsc.edu>, Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> I think that hiding redirects from authoring clients may be a perfectly
> good and reasonably interoperable thing to do.  It depends on two
> things: the model and the need.

So what do you expect to happen when a client attempts a PUT on one of
these URIs?

A redirect? A new resource being created? If the resource is indeed
being created, will it actually be visible, or will the rewrite logic
eclipse it?

This is the sort of interop problems we have today.

Best regards, Julian