Re: WG process (was Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-07.txt)

Am 26.05.2005 um 19:51 schrieb Lisa Dusseault:
>> Will the working group chair(s) start shepherding some or all of
>> these documents? If yes, which and when? If no, is there an
>> expectation to the WG to do any specific additional work so they can?
>
> Yes, I am willing to shepherd BIND, REDIRECT, QUOTA and/or RFC2518bis
> through this process -- provided they meet the bar.  For BIND, the
> document for which we have the most information, we still have
> underspecified areas and we haven't had the open and exploratory
> conversations to find out if we can firm those up, but the more
> difficult hurdle may well be the lack of reviews and implementors.  If
> we don't have the energy as a WG to finish that properly, it's my
> opinion that we could instead bring  BIND immediately to submission as
> an Informative RFC, where it would be an exemplary and high-quality
> example of that class.

I would like to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the WG chairs
in handling the BIND spec. I perceive your behaviour during the last
year as that of a total roadblock, not constructive and only paying lip
service to installing and following any process which might bring
progress to WebDAV and its goals.

If there is any way to bring this spec to "proposed" under the current
chairs, it eludes me.

//Stefan