Issue 5, Bindings and DeltaV aren't fully interspecified (was: Moving forward on BIND)

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:20:30 -0700
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: 'webdav' <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:

> [...] most of the open Bugzilla issues should have been closed [...]

5, Bindings and DeltaV aren't fully interspecified
The discussion of the issue seems to have stalled, with no additional
text being suggested or discussion of the issue for three months. Julian
seems to take the position that DeltaV servers can always choose to fail
a BIND request if the implementors don't want to deal with it, while
Lisa seems to want to at least state that interactions when a binding is
created are unspecified. Personally, I feel that the interactions should
have been specified in 3253, as bindings existed prior to 3253 being
published. This implies that any clarifications of these interactions
belong as errata against the same and if any additional text is
required, I would suggest that the reader is told as much.

Comments?

Cheers,
Elias