Re: Specification philosophies

I'm proposing optimizing the spec for the average reader who reads
carefully (even when I read as carefully as I can, I do not remember
every detail of the specification).  I know that the reader eventually
gets it when a spec is well-written because of experience, both with
myself and with others, with well-written specs and badly-written
specs.

Besides, I've never advocated simple repetition.  Mostly we've been
talking about making requirements explicit, rather than have them "fall
out" of the model.  That's more than just repetition, it's more even
than rephrasing -- it helps people with poor memories but also people
who have different conscious or unconscious assumptions when they read
the model description.

Lisa