Re: Comment on UNBIND language in BIND specification

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:33:29 +0100
To: ejw@cs.ucsc.edu
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Jim Whitehead wrote:
> I'm reading through the BIND specification, and the description of the
> REBIND method's operands is a bit unclear to me. I'm assuming the intent is
> similar to BIND and UNBIND, each of which clearly state in the first
> sentence what role the Request-URI, segment, and href fields play. In my
> reading I just jumped right into the spec. at this method (typical reference
> reading pattern), and hence I didn't initially see the similarity with the
> BIND and UNBIND method operands.

Agreed.

Would replacing

"The REBIND method removes a binding to a resource from one collection,
and adds a binding to that resource into another collection. It is
effectively an atomic form of a MOVE request."

by

"The REBIND method removes a binding to a resource from the collection
identified by the Request-URI, and adds a binding to that resource into
another collection. It is effectively an atomic form of a MOVE request."

be sufficient?

Best regards, Julian