Re: WebDAV at IETF 61

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:53:38 +0200
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, Joe Hildebrand <JHildebrand@jabber.com>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> The dates of IETF weeks are known well in advance, and we always
> schedule a WebDAV WG meeting.  The exact day of the meeting cannot be
> known until the entire agenda is fixed, so unfortunately there's not
> much Joe and I can do to make the exact day for WebDAV known in advance.
>
> What a lot of us do is block off the entire week long in advance,
> possibly even buying tickets in advance. Then we attend the whole
> meeting, scheduling side talks, seeing what related working groups are
> doing, and often scheduling customer meetings into the week too (for
> those of us who have customers).  Others plan ahead and then buy tickets
> only a couple weeks in advance so they can be there only for the most
> crucial days.

Assuming that all (or even a majority of the) working group members will
have the necessary support from their management to travel to IETF
meetings for three weeks per year is simply unrealistic. So *if* it is a
goal to get more of the active working group members to attend meetings,
things need to become a bit easier for them (things that come to mind is
  *not* having a meeting three times per year, agenda and dates being
known as much in advance as possible, and so on).

Best regards, Julian