Re: WebDAV at IETF 61

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:44:36 -0700
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org, Joe Hildebrand <JHildebrand@jabber.com>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Oct 21, 2004, at 1:25 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>> I've just asked for a slot for us in DC.
>
> I will not be able to attend that meeting physically, but I'll try the
> text conferencing. Generally, for those who need to do travel planning
> and booking, it would be extremely helpful to know about an upcoming
> meeting longer in advance.

The dates of IETF weeks are known well in advance, and we always
schedule a WebDAV WG meeting.  The exact day of the meeting cannot be
known until the entire agenda is fixed, so unfortunately there's not
much Joe and I can do to make the exact day for WebDAV known in
advance.

What a lot of us do is block off the entire week long in advance,
possibly even buying tickets in advance. Then we attend the whole
meeting, scheduling side talks, seeing what related working groups are
doing, and often scheduling customer meetings into the week too (for
those of us who have customers).  Others plan ahead and then buy
tickets only a couple weeks in advance so they can be there only for
the most crucial days.

Lisa