Re: Request for feedback: WebDAV property datatype draft

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Only a matter of setting expectations -- what this spec does provide,
> what it doesn't provide.  Human-readable overview text to provide
> context for how to consider this work.

OK, see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatypes-latest.html#rfc.issue.1_clarify_scope>:

    The following potential datatyping related features were deliberately
    considered out of scope:

    o  getting "schema" information for classes of resources (set of
       "required" properties, their types, display information),

    o  definition of a set of mandatory property types,

    o  discovery of supported property types,

    o  extensions to PROPPATCH that would allow updates to parts of a
       (structured) property.

> Depends on how readable you want the spec to be.  I would consider that
> information very helpful and clarifying.

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatypes-latest.html#rfc.issue.7_discovery>:

    Servers not aware of datatype handling either drop the "xsi:type"
    attribute, or persist it along with the property value.  However,
    they will never indicate successful parsing of the data type by
    returning back the type in the response to PROPPATCH.  Thus, clients
    can supply type information without having to poll for server support
    in advance.

Feedback appreciated,