Re: Quota: another DAV:quota-assigned-bytes question

From: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:29:45 -0700
Cc: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

I was responding to an earlier suggestion that
the model be scrapped in favor of one you proposed
not doing.  We agreed to the quota-by-resource model,
no one has proposed doing any other, so the issue
is resolved.

But, to answer your questions: Yes, the NFS spec does
seem to allow disk limits to me marshalled through
the quota properties and certainly doesn't prohibit
this ("the server is at liberty to choose").  NFS
chooses to define these properties as read-only.

-brian
briank@xythos.com