W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-dist-auth@w3.org > January to March 2004

Re: Strange Problems (Davenport)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:24:31 +0100
Message-ID: <402905BF.40409@gmx.de>
To: Mike.McDonald@anywaregroup.com
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Mike McDonald wrote:

> Just an FYI for anyone interested...
> 
>  
> 
> I worked through this problem with the help of the jCIFS list.  We 
> identified a couple potential problem areas, so I updated Davenport with 
> some suggestions there:
> 
>  
> 
> I made the following updates to Davenport as per Julian's suggestions 
> (on the jCIFS list):
> 
> - Removed Microsoft proprietary properties.
> 
> - Does not return unknown timestamps (0 value)
> 
> - Does not return unknown eTags.
> 
> - Does not return a content length (where the resource is a Share)
> 
>  
> 
> These changes allow the web folder to open properly in my XP client.  It 
> was in fact the getcontentlength property that 'broke' the client.

Great.

> Thanks for your help.

And thanks for the nice servlet!

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760
Received on Tuesday, 10 February 2004 11:24:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 07:17:51 UTC