W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-dist-auth@w3.org > January to March 2004

RE: Strange Problems (Davenport)

From: Mike McDonald <Mike.McDonald@anywaregroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:03:05 -0400
To: <Mike.McDonald@anywaregroup.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000801c3efef$5ee8e790$4fc106d8@mgm>
Just an FYI for anyone interested...

 

I worked through this problem with the help of the jCIFS list.  We
identified a couple potential problem areas, so I updated Davenport with
some suggestions there:

 

I made the following updates to Davenport as per Julian's suggestions (on
the jCIFS list):

- Removed Microsoft proprietary properties.

- Does not return unknown timestamps (0 value)

- Does not return unknown eTags.

- Does not return a content length (where the resource is a Share)

 

These changes allow the web folder to open properly in my XP client.  It was
in fact the getcontentlength property that 'broke' the client.

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Mike

 

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Mike McDonald
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 4:17 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: Strange Problems (Davenport)

 

My apologies, as I am not entirely sure this question belongs here.

 

I am quite new to WebDAV, and have run into a few problems.  I've been
staring at this particular problem for quite some time, and am hoping I can
get a fresh set of eyes to have a look.  Basically, when I attempt to open a
web folder (using Davenport as the DAV server), I get the message 'Internet
Explorer could not open .Would you like to use the default view instead?'.

 

I have tried a slew of changes to the Davenport source code with varying
degrees of success.  In this example, the 'shares' share will not display
properly in a Web Folder view.  If I attempt to view a subdirectory as a Web
Folder however, the subdirectory will display properly in Web Folders view.

 

I am using Windows XP with IE6 (both fully patched) for the DAV client.  See
the listing below for the request/response.

 

 

PROPFIND /davenport/server/shares HTTP/1.1

Content-Language: en-us

Accept-Language: en-us

Content-Type: text/xml

Translate: f

Depth: 0

Content-Length: 0

User-Agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV

Host: host

Connection: Keep-Alive

 

 

 

HTTP/1.1 207 Multi Status

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:57:25 GMT

Server: Jetty/4.2.14 (Windows 2000/5.0 x86 java/1.4.2_03)

Content-Length: 826

Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <multistatus xmlns="DAV:"
xmlns:w="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/">

        <response>

            <href>http://host/davenport/server/shares</href>

            <propstat>

                <status>HTTP/1.1 200 MultiStatus</status>

                <prop>

                    <getcontenttype>httpd/unix-directory</getcontenttype>

                    <ishidden w:dt="boolean">0</ishidden>

                    <iscollection w:dt="boolean">1</iscollection>

                    <resourcetype><collection/></resourcetype>

                    <getlastmodified w:dt="dateTime.rfc1123">Thu, 01 Jan
1970 00:00:00 GMT</getlastmodified>

                    <displayname>shares/</displayname>

                    <creationdate
w:dt="dateTime.tz">1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z</creationdate>

                    <isreadonly w:dt="boolean">1</isreadonly>

                    <getcontentlength
w:dt="int">98626961408</getcontentlength>

                    <getetag>"195a6053b85db823650312a6f1705da6"</getetag>

                </prop>

            </propstat>

        </response>

    </multistatus>

 

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

 
Received on Tuesday, 10 February 2004 11:03:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 07:17:51 UTC