RE: Strange Problems (Davenport)

From: Mike McDonald <Mike.McDonald@anywaregroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:03:05 -0400
To: <Mike.McDonald@anywaregroup.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Just an FYI for anyone interested...

I worked through this problem with the help of the jCIFS list.  We
identified a couple potential problem areas, so I updated Davenport with
some suggestions there:

I made the following updates to Davenport as per Julian's suggestions (on
the jCIFS list):

- Removed Microsoft proprietary properties.

- Does not return unknown timestamps (0 value)

- Does not return unknown eTags.

- Does not return a content length (where the resource is a Share)

These changes allow the web folder to open properly in my XP client.  It was
in fact the getcontentlength property that 'broke' the client.

Thanks for your help.