Client specified properties

From: Jeff Thompson <jeff_thompson@cocreate.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:14:57 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

I've read through the WEBDAV spec and Lisa's book, but there is one area
that isn't quite clear to me.

Is it expected that a WEBDAV server should accept arbitrary dead
properties that the client PROPPATCHs?

We've been watching the messages sent by Windows Explorer and we see
that it sends several Windows specific properties in a PROPPATCH. Our
system naturally has the required properties (or can leave them blank in
specific cases). However, we do not have any need for arbitrary client
specified properties. Does WEBDAV (clients, servers, or specifications)
expect that we do have this capability?

Jeff Thompson