Re: redirect references protocol: automatic update

One possibility is to have an additional argument to MKREDIRECTREF,
e.g. DAV:stable, that means that the client forbids the server from
auto-updating the reference.  A client that doesn't care would leave
off this parameter, and the server would do what it wanted, while a
client that cared would specify this parameter, and a server that doesn't
support stable redirectref's would fail the request.