Re: Issue #44: REPORT_OTHER_RESOURCE_LOCKED

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:57:57 +0200
To: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> This precondition sounds fine to me.
>
> I wouldn't say it applies to all methods though; only methods that
> modify state on the server (e.g., not PROPFIND or the various
> REPORT's).

Right now it starts saying... "If a request would modify the content for
a locked resource, a dead property of a locked resource, a live
property that is defined to be lockable for a locked resource, or an
internal member URI of a locked collection,", thus it *does* apply to
all methods.

An alternative would be to re-group the conditions; but that would only
make case if we find more that fall into the same category...

Best regards, Julian