FW: WebDAV via squid-2.5

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:07:23 -0700
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack M. Nilles [mailto:jnilles@jala.com]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 4:43 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] WebDAV via squid-2.5

I am trying, unsuccessfully so far, to establish a WebDAV connection
over a LAN via a proxy server running squid-2.5 as well as a firewall.
The squid writers state that version 2.5 is fully supportive of WebDAV
yet I can't establish a connection (in this case to an Apple server).
although I have no trouble with a dialup connection. Therefore the
problem appears to be either in teh squid configuration or the firewall.
Any suggestions?
If I try: http://test.webdav.org/dav/
all I get is a pointer to http://test.webdav.org/. Is there a simple
test that will help resolve which (squid or firewall) is the culprit?

--
Jack M. Nilles
JALA International, Inc.