FW: [Moderator Action] How does WebDAV handles caching ?

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:07:22 -0700
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Prashant Dhotkar [mailto:info_thirsty_engineer@techie.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 3:20 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] How does WebDAV handles caching ?

Hello,

As you have mentioned that the WebDAV works well even when the connection
gets disconnected arbitrarily, I want to know what happens if the connection
gets disconnected when 5 MB of data is transferred out of 10 MB ? When I
restart the transfer will the transfer start from beginning of the file or
from where I lost the connection. What kind of caching technique is used by
WebDAV ? Please elaborate on this.

Thank you,

Prashant Dhotkar

Software Engg.