Resolve Issue 67 UNLOCK_NEEDS_IF_HEADER

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:05:09 +0200
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>

Hi,

this issue (<http://www.webdav.org/wg/rfcdev/issues.htm>) reads:

"Shouldn’t we be using an IF header to do an UNLOCK seeing as you need
to prove you are holding a lock before you can remove it?  (This might
be contingent on LOCKS_SHOULD_THEY_USE_AN_IF_HEADER_TO_VERIFY)"

The tests that I have done (for other UNLOCK related issues) show that
servers indeed use the "Lock-Token" request header to indicate the lock
to be removed; and that they do not require an additional "If" header.
This may have been a valid point before the spec was finished, but now
as we're talking about progressing/clarifying the protocol, we should
just reject that issue.

Jason, can you please update the issues list? I'll update
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-latest.html#rfc.issue.067_UNLOCK_NEEDS_IF_HEADER>
accordingly.

Best regards, Julian