Re: Re (2): summary of BIND/RFC2518 status

From: Bob Denny <rdenny@dc3.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 20:55:51 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

> [...]
> 1) We will *not* add locking discussion to BIND (in fact, we may want to
> remove some locking-specific preconditions).
> [... etc.]

Thank Heaven. As an observer, this was going in a terrible direction.

In fact, it seems that DAV gets increasingly complex all the time, without
apparent convergence. Furthermore, the server-side implementations outside
Apache appear to be withering away. As such it seems less like a W3C
standard and more like a private protocol for special purposes, owned by
the Apache working group and a few client vendors who implemented it.

Is WebDAV really a standard? I think not.

  -- Bob  (DAV observer for 4+ years, and someone who implemented 2+
           years ago, only to be met with deafening silence from
           customers)