Re: Bind issues

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:27:52 +0100
To: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

Jason Crawford wrote:

> Perhaps another option is to create a separate rfc for GULP.   I assume
> it could be published faster that 2518bis and it could be referenced by
> multiple related documents without suggesting that it bears a special
> relationship with binding support.

I thought about that as well. How about a separate document called
"Locking Simplifications to WebDAV" that

- contains GULP
- contains the locking clarifications from RFC2518bis (refresh,
lock-token header, submission of lock tokens)
- contains the locking simplifications from RFC2518bis (lock-null)
- contains the locking extensions from RFC2518bis as optional features
(DAV:rootlock)

This would become a Proposed Draft, updating but not obsoleting RFC2518
and RFC3253.

If we can agree on scope and procedure, I'm willing to help writing it.

Julian