WebDAV MOVE

From: Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:11:01 +0100
To: 'Webdav WG' <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Hi,

the specification is a bit unclear on what we are supposed to return in
the case that a MOVE cannot be completed because request URL and
destination URL are on different servers or are on different
subnamespaces on a single server.
I would expect some return value that signals to the client that the
URLs are on different "drives". The client could then try to implement
the MOVE logic on the client side (eg using PUT to dest then DELETE in
src).
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
   Helge