Re: Review of draft-ietf-webdav-quota-02.txt

From: Brian Korver <briank@xythos.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:06:12 -0600
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 01:14  PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Brian,
>
> when I re-raised these issues, I *did* read the current draft. So I
> think it's up to you to go back to the mailing list discussion and
> explain why the concerns raised by Stefan and myself aren't valid.
>
> Julian

Julian,

I'm planning to do so in today's meeting, but to restate for the
mailing list,
Stefan pointed out that if we used quota-limit, then quota-limit would
not be
a fixed value (which is the reason we defined things in terms of
quota-limit
to begin with).  Thus, instead of quota-limit, the new draft uses NFS's
quota-available.  This has the semantics that it isn't fixed.  Problem
solved.
Note, quota-available is consistent with the rest of the the quota
definitions
we pulled from NFS, so it's conceptually attractive too.

I still don't know what you find confusing, so I can't comment on that
yet.

-brian
briank@xythos.com