  From: Lisa Dusseault
  To: 'Stanley Guan' ; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 2:50 PM
  Subject: RE: XML elements in a copy method

  You are correct, but this functionality hasn't been widely implemented.  It turns out the
  server knows more about what properties can and should be kept live on a COPY
  operation, so the clients never provided this information and servers didn't need it
  anyway.  In RFC2518bis this has been removed.

  lisa