RE: Current status of the quota specification

Jim,

my concern with the quota specification is that everytime we discuss is,
Stefan, myself and others are raising concerns about semantics and
complexity of the spec, even suggesting much easier approaches that should
cover the use cases we've seen equally well (see thread starting with [1]).

I'd say that the lack of progress is mainly caused by these concerns not
being appropriately addressed. In particular as this is now a WebDAV working
group activity, I'd like to see a

- known-issues list (like it should be present for any working group draft)
and
- public discussion of changes *before* a new draft is submitted

Right now the draft seems to be handled like a private submission with very
limited visibility to the (interested parts of the) working group, and this
is really a shame.

Julian

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2003JanMar/0314.html>