RE: DAV:getlastmodified of collections

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:10:41 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org
"Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote on 09/05/2003 06:08:11 PM:
> But then we're missing the case of VERSION-CONTROL on a versionable but
not
> yet version-controlled resource that lives inside a versioned collection
(in
> which case I'd say the state of the parent collection *does* change).

I suggest we keep the semantics very simple, and say that
DAV:getlastmodified
is changed only by adding a binding, removing a binding, or changing a
binding
to new resource.  Putting an existing resource under version control does
none of these things, so it should not result in an update to
DAV:getlastmodified.

Note that in general the "version-controlled state" of a collection will
be
different from the "state" of a collection, i.e. adding and removing a
binding
to a non-version-controlled resource does not change the
version-controlled
state of a collection, but does change the state of the collection.

Cheers,
Geoff