RE: DAV:getlastmodified of collections

I was referring to the VERSION-CONTROL bullet in Peter's
original message, i.e. VERSION-CONTROL with a version argument
(which always creates a new version-controlled resource).

For VERSION-CONTROL without a version argument (which never
creates a new version-controlled resource), you are correct
that it does not affect the state of the parent collection.