RE: new issue: DAV:displayname

Here's some more info on DAV:displayname vs Microsoft clients:

There are at least two different types of webfolder clients: those shipping
with W2K and O2K (DLL version 8.*) completely ignore DAV:displayname. Those
shipping with Windows XP, Office XP and Sharepoint do "support"
DAV:displayname, but have multiple bugs in doing so:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html#issue-displayed
-href>:

"The URI displayed in the "internet adress" column is constructed from the
base URI of the collection and the resource's DAV:displayname property (when
present). This is wrong - the column should display the DAV:href returned in
the PROPFIND response body."

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html#issue-displayna
me-1>

"The Webfolder client displays the DAV:displayname only if it doesn't
contain some characters that happen to be reserved in filenames (such as
"/"). However, the displayname is just a textual description, so it should
be displayable no matter what kind of text it contains (basically this is
caused by the Webfolder mistaking the displayname to be some kind of
replacement resource name)."

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html#issue-displayna
me-2>

"If the client decides to use the DAV:displayname instead of the last path
segment for display, it seems to internally confuse both. A rename operation
on a resource where the displayname and the last path segment differ fails
because the client submits the MOVE request to a broken request URI
(collection href and displayname concatenated)."

If you are aware of more issues, please report them (so I'll can put them
into the issues list). Also it would be nice to get some feedback about
which issue appears in which client (obviously I can't test them all :-)

Regards, Julian