RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-quota-01.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:15:25 +0100
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Brian,

here are two more issues I have:

1) During the discussion, I've seen soft limits (quotas) and hard limits
(disk space) used in the same context. I'm really not sure that it is a good
idea to use the same mechanism for both.

2) Related to that: I'm not sure that using 507 for failures due to quota
restrictions is a good idea. 5xx indicates a server error. In this case, the
problem is not causes by the server, but by the client (trying to take up
more space than allowed), so a 4xx with a new precondition code seems to be
more appropriate.

Julian