RE: MOVEs across file systems

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:25:55 -0500
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Yes, one of the challenges of the binding protocol is to make sure
that we provide a simple and sensible model for the kind of system
that Kevin describes (since they are the systems that are most likely
to require and use a multiple-binding model), while still providing
sensible interoperation with file-system based implementations.

In particular, I believe it is likely that a repository such as the
one Kevin describes is likely to refuse to do anything other than
REBIND for MOVE and UNBIND for DELETE, both for performance and
semantic reasons.