RE: PROPFIND returning *more* than expected, and other questions

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:50:40 -0800
To: "'Clemm, Geoff'" <gclemm@rational.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Sorry, what's the rationale for PROPFIND not ignoring unknown XML
elements?  Does this mean anywhere in the propfind body or just in
certain places? I assume it's supposed to fail when it sees unknown

This would make some existing client/server interactions fail -- e.g.
clients that have already shipped extending the PROPFIND request in ways
that ordinary WebDAV servers ignore, but special WebDAV servers know the
extension & behave smarter.