RE: PROPFIND returning *more* than expected, and other questions

Did you consider

a) a new DASL grammar or
b) a new REPORT?

> behaviors for properties. Say, for example, you requested <foo:author>
> and the resource had <foo:author>, <foo:author_name>, and <foo:authors>
> the server's response would contain all of these properties.

If you do this upon PROPFIND/prop, that's illegal.

> It appears that clients should expect to get fewer properties than they
> request and I would assume they'd accept more but I'd like to get the
> opinion of the community to ensure that we aren't doing something to
> break the protocol.

Upon PROPFIND/prop, clients should expect to get entries for all properties
that were requested (not more, not less), possibly with non-200 status codes
(such as 404 for property not found).

> Second question, can a server respond to a PROPFIND for a particular
> property with multiple values for that property?

No. A property has exactly one value.

> Thirdly, if a property has a rich XML structure as it's value, we'd like
> to return any matching XML tag in that structure.  (So if the
> <foo:authors> tag contained <foo:author>Chris</foo:author>
> <foo:author>David</foo:author> it would return all the <foo:authors> and
> each of the <foo:author> values separately.)

I don't understand what this is good for. It's certainly not-compliant
behaviour.

> Anyways, see many of you next Monday!

See you!