RE: comments on RFC2518bis-02, sec 6.3

You can't create a URI scheme with that kind of scheme name. The scheme part
of a URI is the string before the first colon, so the URI scheme for that
URI is just "http" (which indeed *is* a registered URI scheme).

And yes, you can use these kinds of URIs for lock tokens.

> For that matter, a sufficiently long randomly generated set of characters,
> as long as it meets the URI formatting requirements,
> statistically meets the
> uniqueness guarantee.

How do you "statistically" meet a requirement?