RE: Issues: MKCOL_AND_302, IMPLIED_LWS, PUT_AND_INTERMEDIATE_COLLECTIONS, INTEROP_DELETE_AND_MULTISTATUS

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:46:35 -0700
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

> > MKCOL_AND_302: This issue can be marked "inBis" if not CLOSED.
> > Draft -03 says that MKCOL can return 302 and there have been no
> > objections so far.
>
> It doesn't say anything specific about MKCOL and redirects.
> Or am I missing something?

Well it says
"11.2	302 Found
   Any WebDAV request may be redirected using this status code."

> Speaking of which: section 12.1 talks only about 302 and 303
> in Multistatus. It should talk about all 3xx codes, in particular 301.

Let's check 2616
 - 201 can use the Location header
   Although in WebDAV a MOVE or COPY may create new resources, currently
   the spec says that the server should not return 201 in Multi-Status for
   these methods.  Is that sufficient reason not to mention 201?  If you
   think something should be added here, please tell me what.
 - 300-303, 305, 307 all use the Location header
   I'm happy to mention all of these.

Lisa