RE: Issues and status, WRITE_DAV_PROP, BACKGROUND, NULL_RESOURCE, CONSISTENCY

Agreed. We should close this after the next draft is submitted and everybody had a chance to look at it (unless it didn't change since -03 in case we can do that right now).

> BACKGROUND "It would be helpful to note which specifications are
> considered to be necessary background reading for reading the
> WebDAV spec."  Unless somebody comes up with specific suggestions
> what references to add, let's CLOSE this issue.

Agreed.

> NULL_RESOURCE: "Add a forward reference ... in the definition of
> Null Resource in the Terminology section."  This definition is
> now gone, so the issue should be resolved REJECTED.

Agreed (note that the Terminology section indeed defines "null resource").

> CONSISTENCY:  The issue is described as "Disagreement over
> whether a DAV URI namespace needs to be consistent."  Roy
> suggested
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1998OctDec/0155
> .html> removing the following definition from RFC2518:
>    "An HTTP URL namespace is said to be consistent if it meets the
>    following conditions: for every URL in the HTTP hierarchy there
>    exists a collection that contains that URL as an internal member."
> However, consistency is not a requirement.  RFC2518 goes on:
>    "Neither HTTP/1.1 nor WebDAV require that the entire HTTP URL
>    namespace be consistent.  However, certain WebDAV methods are
>    prohibited from producing results that cause namespace
>    inconsistencies."
> To proceed on this issue, somebody who agrees that there is a
> problem here needs to suggest new wording, since we can't simply
> remove the definition without rewriting or removing the next few
> paragraphs and the definitions of some methods.  If nobody
> suggests new wording or explains why we need to remove a
> definition that isn't even a requirement, I suggest we keep it
> the way it is and resolve the issue CLOSED.  (We can always
> reopen an issue if somebody later decides to propose something concrete.)

I think 5.1 is sufficiently clear, so mark this one as closed.