RE: Reminder: WG Last Call on Ordered Collections

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:55:36 -0700
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> Therefore, my proposal is to leave this specific point undefined.
> We'd then still need to decide whether the spec should explicitly
> point out that the behaviour is server-dependant.

There doesn't appear to be consensus on this issue, hence we should leave it
out of the spec.

That said, given that we had discussion on this issue, it makes sense to try
and capture some of that discussion in the specification, so that
implementors aren't operating in a total vacuum on this issue. Minimally,
the spec. should note that this behavior is intentionally undefined.

- Jim