RE: Reminder: WG Last Call on Ordered Collections

"No change" isn't acceptable when the comment is that something is not
specified.  My last issue was "if a destination is not being
overwritten, then shouldn't the MOVE (the rename) preserve ordering?"

The spec can say "When a resource is moved within a collection and the
destination did not previously exist (the 'rename' case), its relative
ordering MUST be preserved." Or the spec could say SHOULD or MAY.
However, staying silent on an issue like this allows some implementors
to assume MUST and others to assume MAY.

That said, if a sentence like this is added to the draft we do not need
to go through WG last call again for this issue.

Lisa

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-lat
est.
html