Re: Reminder: WG Last Call on Ordered Collections

Julian Reschke wrote:

> [...]

Dear Julian

Sorry.  I may be wrong, it is just some thought.
1) the resource names to ordering collection:

By my undrestanding, what is suggested in the ordering collection, is a way
to change the order of resources and put them the at the beginning or end of
the list, after or before a given resource. Also this is true that in the
Real numbers you can always find a number less or a number greater than a
given number.
Consider, you have a live property called resource-name which is made by the
name of resource followed by a Real number. Now every time you would like to
have a new order, system can change the resource- name based on your order
(by changing the Real part of resource-names) . Then by using the order
option on the resource-name in the Search protocol we can have the desired
order.

2) Versioning to ordering collection:

The tree in the section 8 of the orderd-collections-protocol reminds me of
the situation in the Versioning. This reminding and some other thoughts
(maybe silly) caused to say so.

I hope I didn't make you more confused. If so, I apologize again.

Regards,
Bita.